Sunday, March 6, 2016

Congratulations to the new SMOB-elect...

On February 25th, the Calvert Association of Student Councils elected the Student Member on the Board of Education for the 2016-2017 school year. Lucie Roach is a sophomore at Huntingtown High School, and I'm excited to see the work she will do for students of CCPS in the next year. Below is a message from Lucie!

Hi I’m Lucie! 
After a long stressful day and three rounds of voting on February 25th, I was elected to be the next Calvert County Student Member of the Board of Education for the 2016-2017 school year. I’m a sophomore at Huntingtown High and I really excited to be your SMOB.  Let me tell you a little about myself, I’m crazy about my goats, I love singing and the performing arts, and I’m super into medicine and politics. My main goal as SMOB is to get either partial or full voting rights, so I and the future SMOBs of Calvert County have an even bigger voice and representation of the students! I’ve already talked to our superintendent, Dr. Curry, about it and we could be on our way to getting some sort of voting rights once we look into the fine print some more.  I’m also looking forward to working with the Student Advisory Council to build a more diverse and active group of students that will work with Dr. Curry and the BOE to create events and activities to get students involved in fixing the issues of our county. 
I have a lot of ideas and goals to better our educational experience and I can’t wait to work with each and every one of you! 

Your 2016 – 2017 Student Member of the Board of Education,
Lucie Roach

If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment